Alta Lumina in Les Gets is a new multisensory sound and music experience where visitors are plunged into an imaginary universe. It’s an original concept and a first in Europe.
Visitors journey along a one-kilometre trail where a magical and poetic story will play out in front of you, told with light, music and interactivity.
Alta Lumina in Les Gets: An immersive experience
This immersive story allows you to take part in the adventures of a travelling minstrel using a hot air balloon to journey through the mountains.
Alexis Bongard, Director of Les Gets Tourism is thrilled about being able to offer this exciting new feature in resort:
“Discovering ALTA LUMINA is a delight and will allow young and old alike to create unforgettable memories.”
Key Facts about Alta Lumina in Les Gets
- The Alta Lumina opens on 31 July 2020
- It is located in the Lac des Ecoles forest. Shuttle buses from the village will be available
- Self-guided tours last around 45-60 minutes
- Tickets cost €22 per adult and €12 per child (age 6-15). Family tickets (two adults/two children) cost €59
- Children aged five and under are free, but baby carriers rather than pushchairs are recommended
- Tickets must be booked online in advance on their website
A year in development
The Alta Lumina was created over a year by Moment Factory, a multimedia company with offices in Paris and Montreal.
They specialise in video, lighting, architecture, sound and special effects and have created similar experiences in ten locations around the world.
All the lights at Alta Lumina are powered with electricity from 100% renewable sources. The creation of the project is fully carbon neutral due to carbon offsetting.
At first extra measures will be in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Currently capacity will be limited to 50% of the maximum, with floor markings to enable social distancing. There will be enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and anti-bacterial gel available.
Accommodation in Les Gets
For more information on booking accommodation in Les Gets or Morzine, please contact the Ski2 team on 01962 713330