Coronavirus Updates

Updated: 07:00 on Monday 16th March 2020

It is with much sadness that we are writing to inform you that the French authorities have now closed the Portes du Soleil ski area for the rest of the winter, in an effort to halt Coronavirus. All ski resorts in the ski area are now closed and we understand that all ski resorts in France are now closed until next winter.

After 20 years building our ski holiday business, we have faced a few big challenges, but Simon and I never dreamed that we would be in a position where our operation would close 3 weeks before the end of the winter in a situation like this. We have been working with our suppliers in the resort during this difficult time and we would like to offer those guests still due to travel the opportunity to postpone your holiday to next winter. We would agree with you a new travel date and hold your money over to 2021. We believe that most airlines are now offering the opportunity to postpone flights to a later date, so you should be able to delay your travel until your new holiday dates.

If you are not able to postpone your holiday, then we are asking you to contact with your travel insurance company to ask for their advice in making a claim for the cost of your holiday. We can provide any paperwork that you might need in substantiating your claim.

As you will appreciate, we had many clients still due to travel over the coming weeks and we will be very busy for the next few days dealing with the aftermath of this situation. Please do bear with us whilst we work with everyone to assist them, but please feel free to email our team with any queries that you might have

Thank you for all the messages of support from many of our regular clients that we have received during these exceptional times and we are really sorry that we won’t be seeing any more of our customers in Les Gets / Morzine this winter.

Updated: 18:00 on Saturday 14th March 2020

Whilst there is much discussion on Social Media about the closing of French Ski resorts, the Portes du Soleil ski area (excluding the Swiss resorts) is currently still open and the resorts of Les Gets and Morzine are open for business as usual. Geneva Airport is currently open and operating normally. Our resort team are looking forward to seeing those arriving tomorrow.

For up to date advice on travelling to France, please visit the FCO website by click here.

Updated: 11:45 on Friday 13th March 2020

For up to date advice on travelling to France, please visit the FCO website by click here.

Updated: 07:00 on Friday 13th March 2020

The resorts of Les Gets and Morzine and the Portes du Soleil ski area are all open as usual and there is currently no suggestion that there will be any change to this in the near future. However this is an ever changing situation and we are, of course, keeping a close eye on it and will advise clients, who are yet to travel, immediately if there is any cause for concern. We look forward to seeing you in resort as planned.

Updated: 13:00 on Thursday 12th March 2020

At the current time there are no travel restrictions to the area of France in which Les Gets and Morzine are situated. However the current situation is changing by the hour and we are keeping a very close eye on the Coronavirus figures in France and any changes to FCO advice for the area. We understand that there is some concern about travelling to Europe at the moment but, in the light of current FCO advice, if you did wish to cancel your holiday at the current time, our Booking Conditions do apply.

If you decide to cancel, we suggest that you contact your insurance company to see whether you can recover the cancellation charges. We can supply all relevant documentation to support your claim. Our understanding is that, in these extraordinary times, insurance companies are looking favourably on claims, but you would need to speak to your own insurers to clarify your position.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *