New to our programme for the 2019 / 2020 winter season!
Chalet Tavernier is located in Les Prodains area of Morzine / Avoriaz, just a couple of minutes by Ski 2 minibus (available exclusively, free and on-demand to this chalet) from the base of the Prodains Express cable car, which in turn will whisk you straight up to Avoriaz, in the heart of the Portes du Soleil. Under normal snow conditions, you can ski back to the chalet via an easy off-piste track (recommended for experienced skiers) that comes from a blue run. Morzine village is just a short (8 minute) minibus transfer away.
Set in its own grounds and with sweeping views down the valley from the open-plan lounge and dining room, this traditional, detached chalet is very comfortably furnished and has its own outdoor hot-tub for the use of its guests.
- Sleeps up to 13 people
- All bedrooms will accommodate a cot
- Free private Ski 2 minibus and driver for this chalet. No waiting for local ski buses!
- Detached property in quiet location, with far-reaching views
- 5 x twin bedded rooms, each with en-suite bathroom (3 bedrooms have a third bed). When double beds are requested, these will be 2 single beds (each with their own bedding) pushed together.
- A 2 minute minibus ride to the base of the Prodains Express cable car
- All of our holidays include a Portes du Soleil lift pass
- Outdoor hot tub, with great views down the valley! Please note that the hot tub is emptied and re-filled each week. This can take up to 12 hours to get back up to temperature, so the hot tub will be unavailable for use one day a week (usually Wednesday).
- Parallel skiers can ski back to the chalet door in normal snow conditions
- Wood-burning stove in the living area
- Full chalet catering (chalet staff live in)
- Sunday arrival, with short breaks possible on request
- Towels, hairdryers and toiletries provided
- Group discounts on most dates of the season
- Ski storage room with heated boot rack
- Our chalet staff usually have Tuesday as their day off and on this day, a continental breakfast is served. Dinner can be taken in a local restaurant at your own expense on this night. Ski 2 minibus transfers are available to midnight
- This is a ‘Slipper Chalet’! For the comfort and safety of our guests, we recommend that you bring a pair of slipper with you to wear around the chalet.
Looking for special offers in our catered chalets?
View our latest discounted holidays in Les Gets and Morzine!
The chalet lies approximately 500 metres from the base of the Prodains Express cable car, a very short, on-demand, Ski 2 minibus ride. Our driver will assist you with your skis and drop you right at the bottom of this lift each morning. Alternatively an 8 minute minibus ride will take you to Morzine and the lifts over to Les Gets.
For those who know the area well, the chalet is on the road that runs between Morzine village and the hamlet of Prodain, along which there are a number of catered chalets. View a PDF Map that shows its exact location.
The Prodains Express cable car provides all round access to Avoriaz from the Morzine area and runs from the small hamlet of Les Prodains (just a couple of hundred metres from the chalet) up to the resort of Avoriaz. The lift is open for skiers daily from 0845 and closes at 1715 hours (7 days a week).
Parallel skiers can ski back to the chalet door via a small track which comes off the blue Crot piste which winds its way down from the top station of the Prodain Express. Alternatively, wherever you are in Les Gets / Avoriaz ./ Morzine, you can make use of our minibus service to get you back to the chalet!
Ski 2 Transport in Morzine
We have a Ski 2 minibus based at the chalet to provide local transport for our clients.
The minibus will be available on-demand to our guests between 0800 and 1000 hours and again between 1600 and 2000 hours (up to 2200 hours 2 nights a week and midnight 3 nights a week).
A quick call to our driver on a dedicated line will arrange a lift between your accommodation and any of the resorts in the local area including Avoriaz, Les Gets and Morzine.
- Room 1. Twin / double or triple, with en-suite bathroom with shower. An open plan room with 3 single beds. No balcony.
- Open-plan lounge with wood burning stove/ dining area with kitchen
- Room 2. Twin / double with en-suite bathroom with shower. Same floor as living area. No balcony.
Room 3 is a Twin / double or triple, with en-suite bathroom with bath (with shower head over the bath). Twin / double with third bed in an open alcove. Possible space for 4th bed. Private south facing balcony and shared (with Room 4) west facing balcony
Room 4 is a Twin / double or triple, with en-suite bathroom with shower. Twin / double with third bed in a small adjoining room. A door separates the two rooms. Shared west facing balcony
Room 5 is a Twin / double with en-suite bathroom with shower. Private East facing balcony
Please note that all beds in this chalet are on separate wooden bases. When double beds are requested, these will be 2 single beds (each with their own bedding) pushed together.
A day in the life of a Chalet Tavernier guest …..
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the dining room overlooking the valley and the slopes of Morzine.
Grab your ski boots from the boot warmers in the ski room and head out to the waiting Ski 2 minibus for the 2 minute transfer to the bottom of the lift (no waiting for the local service bus on a Ski 2 holiday!).
Get dropped off right at the bottom of the Prodain Express lift giving fast access up to the Avoriaz ski area and onwards to the rest of the Portes du Soleil. Alternatively, ask our driver to drop you off in Morzine for a day’s skiing in the Morzine / Les Gets ski area.
Enjoy a day in the vast Portes du Soleil ski area (your lift pass is included in your holiday cost).
Choose to ski back to the chalet door using a track from one of the blue pistes in Avoriaz, or finish your ski day enjoying an apres-ski drink in one of the bars in Morzine. A quick call to our driver when you are ready to head back to the chalet will arrange an 8 minute transfer to the chalet door!
Return your ski equipment to the ski store in the chalet and soak your aching muscles in the outdoor hot tub on the terrace, before enjoying a pre-dinner drink and canapes re-telling your day’s ski adventures
Sit down for a carefully prepared dinner with wine, before relaxing in front of the wood-burning stove with a glass of wine.
Head off to bed to enjoy a peaceful sleep fuelled by a day of fresh mountain air and enjoyable exercise!